viernes, 14 de octubre de 2011

More places!

Hi, sorry for the delay and the wait ! Today I want to tell you more abouta Galicia, and in concret I want to write a post about two places located in the southern part of Galicia. These places are Vigo and Bayona.

Vigo is one of the largest cities in Galicia. It is characterized by its microclimate, with mild temperatures all year round. Industrial, fishery and service city. We could stand out its car manufacturer industry called Citroen. It is a city of contrast where you can visist many interesting places both in the old and the modern area. It also has interesting natural areas such as The Cies Islands considered the most beautiful beach in the world by the British newspaper "The Guardian" in 2007.


Bayona is a town which belongs to Vigo, but remarkable for its beauty. In Bayona we find Monterreal Castle which currently has a national parador function. It was the first town to have learned of the discovery of the New World after the trip to America by Columbus. You can visit in Bayona a replica of "La Pinta", one of the caravels of the discovery of America. I recommend you visit this place.




Soon more entries in my blog friends! If you have any curiosity about any particular site, tell me and I can speak about it.

Galician

5 comentarios:

  1. I know these two places very well, as some of you already know, I studied in Vigo many, many, many years ago, in the Pleistocene era. When I lived there, Vigo was a pretty industrial city not so special, but over the years it has changed a lot. Due to these improvements, its night life, its wonderful weather, and especially its people, it is now the perfect place to live... As for Bayona, what else can I say about this jewel?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Teresa, I live in Pontevedra, which as you know is near Vigo (20 minutes by car) so if you want to come, tell me and we could enjoy the charms of the city together!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I've been to Vigo (once to do the prueba de acceso for the university, hehe, since I lived in Oporto before), but I have not been to Bayona, and now that I know that there is a "La Pinta" I think I will try to visit it too. That's already 3 destinations from your blog, I'm not going to have enought time! =)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. forgive me the "enought", i meant "enough", ;)

    ResponderEliminar